Monday, July 25, 2011

Resources

Here are a few resources I've found helpful in buying organic food. They come from sources I trust for my family and they are also pretty to look at! (bonus!!) Do you and your family a favor and check them out! Even if you already buy organic food, its worth reading. :) Hope you enjoy!

1. EWG's Shopper Guide to Pesticides

Reasons why I love it:

  • This website is great for telling you what's worth buying 
  • provides a FAQ page with questions such as "Do pesticides pose special risks to growing children?" , "Shouldn't I try to buy everything organic?" , "Why should I be concerned about pesticides?"
  • there is an app for the iPhone titled "dirty dozen" & its free








2. Real Simple Magazine's Online Organic Food Guide 

Reasons why I love it:

  • There are multiple articles to read concerning organic food. 
  • Tells you how to "decode" food labels. (What does "fat-free" mean? What does "organic" mean? What does "heart-healthy" mean?)
  • Provides recipes at the bottom of the article titled "Ten Organic Foods that are Worth the Money"


No comments:

Post a Comment